This three story building erected in 1909, was the second bank to be opened in the Uintah Basin. It served the community and surrounding area until August 1922, when it closed its doors during the depression.
In the early days The Marchant Bros. operated a barber shop in the basement. The front part of the main floor was the bank. The rear part of the main floor was the first home of the Uintah Power and Light Co., and later on it was B.L. Dart's law office. Upstairs was a large space used by the town as a meeting hall. After the close of the bank, the building stood vacant for several years until it was converted into a tavern-pool hall. The building was purchased in 1968 by the LDS Church and was torn down to make way for their new chapel.